Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Gettin' Warm (Not Hot) Here in Arizona...


So much for those "cool" nights of temps in the 50's here in the Valley of the Sun...that sure seems to be over with for the next ~4 months!  While I don't believe we've officially cracked the 100 degree barrier yet (it's been darn close), it will surely be shattered here soon and temps of 110+ will be all too common...oh, and nightime lows of 90 (yes....90). But hey, it's a dry heat!

So...time to get in some runs in the mornings here soon - EARLY mornings - like 4:30 or so. Can I set up a wake-up call?  Who's up for it?  And....while an available back-up option for a workout is that "dreadmill"nearby, it just doesn't do it for me, even if I'm next to those 65 degrees blasts of A/C to keep me cool.  Four or five miles is tolerable, but anything longer just HAS to be outdoors - hot or not....   All I need is 10-14 days running in the heat of the day to acclimate and I'll be fine through the Summer no matter what time I get out and run - even if a little slower during the 5 p.m. baking sun.  Just have to carry enough water and sunscreen, and then continue to dream I'm running at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in the cool air and 8,000' elevation.  Yep, that's it.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment