Thursday, April 29, 2010

It Is Time. Time for that "2 Nights Before" Solid Night of Rest

Tomorrow we head to the Grand Caynon.  Seriously, why do I keep doing this to myself?  Here's how Sunday morning will play out (the day after the big run):  Try to stand up from bed - I can't.  Well, I can, but I need to stablize myself with the edge of the bed and the nightstand.  Thinking about making a trip a good 14-16 feet to the toilet (that is, if I can manage to pee yet!).   Hobble over there, hobble back to some horizontal surface to sit on - but not too low though. I won't be able to get back up.  Pop some sort of anti-inflammatory (or tranquilizer) and see if I can loosen up a bit.  I can't.  


Who's up for breakfast?  I am!, if I can do the penguin waddle to some sort of vehicle, then wedge myself into it - and please park as close as possible to the cafeteria - I'm gonna do approx 45 minute mile pace.  Yes.  45.  I hurt.

After eating, back in the car, go look at the S Rim view again. Head home.  5 days later, my limping is almost unnoticeable.  Awesome.  Let's do it again!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment